Cleft palate: A Hands-On Cadaver Dissection Course
- Each surgeon will have the chance to perform dissection of the cleft palate musculature under direct supervision from the course instructors. In addition, live demo and personal one to one training on the use of surgical microscope in cleft palate surgical repair will be performed.
Intended Learning Objectives
Surgeons attending this course will gain more knowledge as well as hands-on cadaveric dissection regarding:
- Cleft palate anatomy vs normal anatomy.
- Different techniques adopted for primary cleft palate repair.
- Different techniques for management of velopharyngeal incompetence.
- Different local flaps adopted for management of oronasal fistula.
- The role of speech language pathologist in the cleft team and co-ordiantion of care.
- The use of surgical microscope in surgical repair of soft palate musculature.