the wonderful world of bioceramics
- Major advances made recently in the field of bioactive ceramics simplified their manipulation, and extended their scope of clinical applications. They can be reliably and successfully used as cements, root repair materials, root canal sealers and filling materials in Endodontics, as well as for vital pup therapy in pedodontics and restorative dentistry.
- The aim of the theoretical part of this workshop is to highlight the physico-chemical and biological properties of these materials, and provide a thorough evidence-based review for all of its applications in order to develop sound predictable clinical protocols.
- While the practical part is dedicated to provide endodontists, pedodontists and general dentists with necessary tips and tricks to master bioceramics application in regenerative endodontics as apical and coronal plugs, and to repair various types and sizes of root perforations using the MAP system.
Intended Learning Objectives
After attending this workshop, attendees should appreciate:
- What is meant by Bioactivity?
- Can ordinary Portland cement replace MTA?
- What are the limitations of the original MTA formulation ?
- What are the manufacturers adding to manipulate the clinical properties of Bioceramics?
- The role of bioceramics in vital pulp therapy.
- The clinical protocol for Regenerative Endodontics.
- The clinical protocol for root perforation repairs.
- The use of bioceramic sealers with single obturation cones.
- Retreatment of bioceramic root canal filling materials.
Part 1 (2 hours): Lecture.
Part 2 (1 hour): Demo.
Part 3 (2 hours): Training.