the all on 4 concept- an innovative surgical and prosthetic procedure for the immediate rehabilitation of the edentulous and patients with a terminal dentition
The All on 4 technique was developed to provide edentulous patients with an efficient and effective restoration using four implants to support immediately loaded full-arch prosthesis. This concept offers good stability in atrophic jaws using tilted implants in minimum bone height regions and avoids the need of complicate long term procedures as bone augmentation and sinus lift. The use of special trans-mucosal angled and straight multi-unit abutments for screw retained restoration, simplifies the prosthetic procedures in these cases. The immediate loading of implants in native bone or in post-extractive sockets provides function, aesthetic and social life for the patient, from the post-operative till the end of the treatment.
Intended Learning Objectives
- Proper patient selection for All on 4 treatment.
- Identify and avoid the surgical risks.
- Become familiar with the use of the surgical guide for All on 4 treatment.
- Identify the prosthetic components required for the all on 4 treatment.
- Discuss the complications and their management.
- All on four techniques.
- How to avoid mental nerve injury and sinus perforation during procedure.
- How to make all on four impression.
- All on four casts by using JD guide.
- Impression techniques.
Duration: 3 – 3.5hours.