CBCT in dental practice- an interactive workshop
- You will benefit from hands-on training provided by highly qualified oral and maxillofacial radiologists. The small class size allows for close interaction with instructors as they guide you through CT scan interpretation using actual cases.
- Patient cases will focus on:
- Impacted teeth.
- Sinus anatomy and diseases.
- Fractures of teeth and bone.
- You will receive tips on cone beam software applications and diagnostic interpretation, and will also benefit from reviewing multiple clinical cases relevant to dental practice.
Intended Learning Objectives
The candidate is expected to develop the following skills:
- Determine when to request CBCT Examination.
- Know how to systematically view and interpret a CBCT scan.
- Identify important radiographic anatomy, landmarks, anomalies and pathology in teeth and bony structures of the head and neck.
- Select proper CBCT views and sections to address specific concerns.
- Use CBCT software to explore areas of interest on a CT scan using multiple planes.
- Incorporate CBCT data into your treatment plans.
- Understand rationale for using CBCT and specific protocols for specific diagnostic tasks.
- Be able to use different types of client viewing softwares.
Lap top is needed with windows (7 or later) OR Mac OSX
MOUSE WITH SCROLL IS MANDATORY
Orientation and hands-on with Romexis software.
- Features mandatory for CBCT interpretation (Reconstructed panorama, cross-sections, nerve tracing, MPR, saving and loading workups).
- Adjustments of slice thickness, brightness and contrast, linear and angular measurements, volume rotation, zoom, filter settings & density measurements.
- Selection of the proper CBCT sections/views in different aspects of dental practice.
- Virtual implant planning using Romexis Software.
- Analysis of endodontic cases (Calcified canals, improper endodontic treatment, and root fractures).
- Examination of impacted teeth and relationship with adjacent structures.
- Interpretation of common pathological condition.