periodontal health a key element for implant success
Endosseous dental implants have become part of our accepted “standard of care” for patients with missing teeth. While the treatment outcomes are generally excellent complications do occur. In this presentation inflammatory complications of the peri-implant tissues surrounding dental implants will be discussed.
The following specific areas will be covered:
- Peri-implant pathology: definitions, classification, prevalence, risk factors for mucositis and peri-implantitis.
- Placement of implants in periodontitis patients.
- Maintenance of dental implants.
- Decision making algorithms for managing peri-implant inflammatory conditions.
- Clinical cases demonstrating management of patients with peri-implant disease.