patient centered approach for management of periodontal diseases
Over the past 20 years there have been some exceptional advances made in the field of Periodontology. This presentation will look at some of the major changes which have occurred in periodontics in recent times and how they have led to significant changes in our thinking and approach to periodontal therapy.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Types of periodontal disease.
- Role of inflammation and bacteria in periodontitis.
- Multifactorial nature of periodontitis.
- Host modulation therapy.
- Diagnostically driven and patient centered periodontal care.
- Personalized periodontics.
The implications of these developments will be considered in the context of future patient centred management.